GM Milford Proving Grounds 2015 Test Roads
The General Motors Milford Proving Ground was the industry's first dedicated automobile testing facility when it opened in 1924. It is located in Milford, Michigan and covers over 4,000 acres. The proving ground includes the equivalent of 132 mi of roads representative of conditions found on public roadways and other specialty surfaces for vehicle testing.
Iafrate Construction was contracted directly by GM to complete this multi event project utilizing a design build contract. Iafrate partnered with Professional Engineering Associates who provided the design and GM Vehicle Engineering representatives to ensure that all critical design elements specific to each event were incorporated into the final design.
Close coordination through GM with the various project stakeholders was critical in order to complete the project to the high degree of accuracy required and to complete the project on time.
Despite a number of unknown and unforeseen underground obstructions, the project was completed on time and within budget.
Project Name: GM MPG 2015 Test Roads
Location: Milford, MI
Owner/Client: General Motors
Design Build Project
6 Separate Test Events Constructed:
Squeak and Rattle Road
ISO Noise Road